URBOND is proud to introduce our Youth Ambassadors, who work together on issues affecting young people in our communities and help generate ideas and solutions to support everyone.
Our curated team of Youth Ambassadors have strategically been selected to work with our organisation, partners and professionals to help empower young people. They support them as they overcome obstacles, build confidence and resilience. In addition, our ambassadors work closely with us to help create opportunities, wellness and success for young people and their future.
Our Youth Ambassadors:
- Share their stories and represent the voices of young people from URBOND and their respective communities.
- Work together on issues affecting youth in our communities to come up with ideas and solutions to support all young people.
- Empower, inspire and support our youth to become Young Professionals.
- Share their own and other young people’s experiences and opinions on issues affecting their development.
- Support us and our partners to develop youth friendly policies and procedures to create more opportunities for all young people, irrespective of their beliefs, backgrounds and ideologies.
Youth Ambassadors are supported to:
- Effectively communicate and present their ideas, views and opinions to others.
- Interact with young people in an inspiring and engaging way.
- Develop their passion, enthusiasm and commitment to supporting all young people in their journey towards becoming good citizens.
- Work as a team to solve problems and come up with new ideas.
- Use their initiative to recognise and act on opportunities which may align with the work of Youth Ambassadors and URBOND.
- Promote and uphold the values of equality and diversity and behave in a non-discriminatory manner.